CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Good thing I'm not claustrophobic!

Well first thing--I kinda got a job teaching English. It's only for a couple times a week, but pays pretty decent and I'll get to meet more Russians. So my first day going there I had to go by metro. It was like rush hour or something cause when I got there there was a HUGE amount of people just trying to get into the door. See people here don't wait in line--they all bunch together like a big mosh pit and just barrel through. The the time we were inside, which isn't a big space, there were so many people I was practically being crushed. Well ok I guess it wasn't that bad, but just imagine a room that can hold 25 people max-well this room had about 60--it was crazy if I were to jump in the air I would have been suspended in mid air and been held up by all the other people surrounding me. I couldn't help, but laughing--just imagining Mom being there or someone that likes their space. It's a good thing I can deal with people in my space or else I would've really freaked out. Anyway it was really funny.

You know what else is funny here--or just plain crazy are shoes. Women here love their shoes and not just any shoes but high heels on whatever kind of shoe. For the most part it's ALL they wear. And not just for a while, but ALL day. A girl once said that the pain doesn't matter, but the shoe has to look good. I mean girls at school are wearing these hooker heels and have them on all day and these people walk everywhere. One of the first things a woman looks at when they see me are my shoes--I mean when a woman looks at another woman they always look at the shoes. I think they are all crazy--if Im gonna be walking all day I'm wearing comfy shoes. Anyway just another tidbit about Russian fashion.

Well tomorrow I am going to Novogorod with a bunch of friends. This town is the first established town in Russia. It has a ton of history so it should be a lot of fun. Other than that things here are going well. Can't believe it's already November-well almost anyway! Ciao

1 comment:

Tyler 2nd RS said...

It's a good thing that is you and not me on the bus. Just the thought of that makes me want to scream! Glad you got a job though, that will help to pass time I'm sure. Anyway, love you and miss you!