CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Oldest City in Russia

Well its the first city anyway. Last weekend we went on a trip to Novogorod and went around to the different highlights of the city and it was great. It's not the most gorgeous city, but was pretty and had a lot of history. There were so many church-so many in fact I think it beats Provo and thats saying something. Most of them are not used anymore and are just sitting there, but I was able to go into a couple of them. Anyway here is what I saw...
This one below is a church from the 14th or 15th cent. I can't remember which, I would have take more pics, but they didn't like me doing that so...what can you do.
This is the inside of another church!



This one is so Russian--out in the country this is how people do laundry. It was so cold outside--well ok not cold cold, but too cold to be working with cold water doing laundry.





Well thats Novogorod for ya!

1 comment:

Miles and Bex said...

So much history!!! I love the pictures. Congrats on your job teaching English.