CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I went skating!

Last night I went skating. I can't even tell you how long it's been since I have been on skates. I can assure you that I was probably worse than Brayden when he first got on skates--but I didnt fall down. It was a lot of fun--i'd really like to be good again with skating I think Id like to do it more often. We went with about 6 other girls and so it was fun to help each other skate. A few of them already knew how and would hold on to those that couldnt. I stuck close to the wall cause I wasn't going to fall. My roommate was going past me pretty fast and looked at me and laughed cause at that time I was practically hugging the wall (i'd had just got on the ice for the first time in I don't know how long and was terrified--I mean we have all seen what it looks like when a fat person falls and can't get up--now just imagine what that looks like with skates on) anyway so as she laughed her skate caught on the ice and she went flying forward and landed on her stomach with her arms and legs spread out. I thought my head was going to explode I was laughing so hard. It was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time--and I don't feel bad for laughing cause she would have done the same to me--I mean come on we all would have. But what was worse for her was there was this guy a little ways ahead of where she fell and he had been teaching his son (he looked about Braydens age-all decked out in his gear) how to do different moves or whatever you call them and they both started to crack up. Anyway it was well worth the night of hugging the wall--ok I moved away from it for a few minutes at a time, but I wasn't taking any chances.
Anyway so thats it for that. Things here have been going well and we are just exploring all over the city. We are organizing a trip to Novogorod, which is about 3 or so hours from here on bus, but is the first established city in Russia--and we know a guy that will take us there (he's from there) and show us around. In a week I will be going to my first Opera--can't say Im too excited, but I hope that Im wrong. I also have a ballet, concert, and play that Im going to so of course Ill talk more on those as they come.

This next pic is of a museum of where we will be seeing a play by Chekov and I thought the horses coming off the roof looked pretty cool.
This next one is of Luisa and I in a park--practically all the parks look like this one and it's a great place to just think or read a book or feed the pigeons cause there are tons. Anyway its too cold to just sit now, but it's pretty to walk through.
Well thats it for now. I send my love to you all and hope that everyones having a great weekend. "Peace Out" as my German friends love to say to me!

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Well Hello!! I am doing really well concidering! I see the doc tomorrow and we'll see just whats going on! Married life is really funny! Luckly the honeymood phase is WAY over because we have so much more to get used too!!! You will have to send me an address so I can send you the announcment. I am working on them tomorrow and Thursday and will HOPEFULLY get them sent off by Friday. You can email me now since I have the internet. Its dial up though so SO slow. EH! Well you sound like your doing well in the Mother Land! I want to go skating!! Take care and dont eat the fish!

Miles and Bex said...

I am so impressed that you went ice skating. Now you can take Brayden and he can teach you how to let go of the wall. LOL. That is a funny story about your roomate. Glad you guys are having so much fun.

Alaska Massey said...

You're tagged! Go to our blog to see the rules. It looks like you're doing well. Keep enjoying your travels!
Angela