CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Climbing St. Issac Cathedral!!!

A few days ago I went to the St. Issacs Cathedral and Lusia (my roommate) and I climbed to the top--there were over 200 stairs so that was a lot of fun, but not as bad as I thought. Once we got to the top it was so pretty and so worth the climb. We could have gone higher but the stairs were closed off. Anyway here are some pics of the view from the top as well as from the bottom...

In this pic if you look right across the river you can see where I go to school--anyway you can also see a wedding if you look really close in the park. Can you see them--look for the little white dot. It's tradition that during the wedding that the whole party go to one or more statues and put flowers on the statue--it's like paying tribute. So every Sat. and Sun you can see wedding parties all over the place.


I thought these stairs were pretty cool--it's like this all the way down.
This is the view directly across the Cathedral that you saw in the first pic. St. Petersburg is filled with this kind of stuff.
Ok well thats it for now. I will write more soon...

No comments: