CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Ok so it's not so scary--just when the wind is blowing. We haven't gotten hardly any snow yet,which I hear is happening in the great Ak as well. Believe me I am not complaining. Tonight was really pretty and wasn't too cold cause there was no wind. Anyway last weekend (well just Friday) my roommate, her parents, and I went to Выборг (Viyborg). It's a small , but very old city in Russia and is really close to Finland. It's only about 2 hours from St. Petersburg by bus so it was neat to see it. The structures of many of the buildings is Finnish since a long long time ago Finnish actually ruled and lived here. Still today it's a popular Finnish tourist spot. Anyway, there wasn't a whole lot to see--but thats cause we mostly stayed in the older part of town. Anyway here are a couple of pictures:

This one is of a circular restaurant(upclose) and a big inside market.
This one is of the Viyborg Castle--it's of Finnish design cause they used it first for multiple reasons throughout history. This city was one of the first in Russia.
These pics below are behind my dorm building. The whiteness you see spread out is the ocean. I just thought it was a gorgeous day and thought the pics turned out well.


I especially like the sky in this one--we wanted to try to walk on the ice, but no one was brave enough to try it--the ice just didn't look thick enough.
This one is of the river that actually separated the island that I live on from the rest of the city. In the summer you have to be on one side or the other cause the bridges go up until 5 am. Anyway here they are breaking up the ice for some reason or another. This is taken on the side that I go to school.
Well there you go and the snow you see is still the snow I see when I go outside. There just isn't any snow. But hey Im ok with that. Things here are going well. I only have a couple of weeks left then I am back home. I can't believe that 4 months went so quickly. I really can't believe that 2007 is almost over. Anyway, hope all is well with you guys and hope your all having a great week. Later!

No comments: