CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bad Night

So this weekend is the last for many of us so we all decided to go out one last time. We went to this pub/dance club place that actually plays something other than techno and we were all having a good time until I felt something hit me on the head. I thought something fell from the ceiling, was thrown from behind me, or someone was holding something in their hand and accidently hit me in the head. My friend who was standing next to me and I starting looking around on the floor for whatever hit me and then I realized that my hand was all wet--yeah I was bleeding. It was about an inch long and straight(horizontal) and about a half inch above the top of my forehead. So my roommate turned and saw me and took me to the bathroom where I washed off--this was me walking through a whole bunch of people with blood running down my face and all over my shirt. I really freaked some people out cause it was pretty crowded and had to get pretty close to some people as I pushed myself through the crowd. Anyway got home and cleaned it off really well thinking it wasnt too bad till I got a better look and saw that, it actually was deeper than I thought. Don't worry it's still not that deep, but I got myself three stitches now and look like a quarter mummy. I went to the American Clinic and the doctor had to cut away some of the little hair I have on the top of my head to do the stitches. When it came time to putting the bandage on he couldn't get it too stick because of my hair--so he wrapped the bandage around my head so he didn't have to cut off more hair. I look like an idiot, but wasn't about to loose more hair. I already have a bald spot and am gonna be wearing hats for awhile. Anyway here I am before the stitches and after I cleaned the cut when I got back home. It looks like someone was holding a knife or something. Anyway it really didn't hurt too bad and it could have been much worse so I am thankful for that.
This is after the stitches--I go back on Mon to have them look at them. They want the stitches to stay in for at least a week, which is great cause I leave in exactly a week--man the luck some people have. I hope I can get them out a little earlier. So now I am a quarter Mummy! I've got my hair in a pony tail in the back.

Now on a happier night here are some things I saw on the way back from the clinic today. There are Christmas lights everywhere and it's really pretty. These lights are all actually for New Years since that is Russia's big holiday. They will spend about 3 days partying for New Years. Their Christmas isn't until the 7th of Jan and it's also celebrated, but just not as much. Anyway the whole city looks like this!


I am ok and not in pain, except when something pushes on the cut so other than being careful I am doing just fine. I am excited to get home next Sunday and can't wait to see all of you!

2 comments:

Sadie said...

Well, I guess thats what you get for going to crazy dance clubs with beer and knifes! Nothing good ever came from beer and knifes! :) I am sure happy you are ok and that the knife didnt go in your eye!! That would have been so gross! Ok, well I joke! We send your gift to mom and dads so make sure you get it while you are there! Cant wait to see ya!! Love YOU!

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Can i safely say... this is what happens when you hang out in pubs!