CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Night in Paris!

Since my layover in Paris was so long I was able to go into the city and see the sights--well a few of them anyways. One of my friends from school in Russia was there and he met me. It was really nice cause then I had someone that actually spoke French and knew the city. I was in the 4th section of the city for the most part and was able to sleep over at my friends friends apt. He was staying there and the girls let me bunk up as well. Let me tell you that was a lot better than sleeping on the floor in the airport. I wasn't able to get pics of the Louvre or the E. Tower cause I was on a bus and they didn't turn out. But was able to go right up to Nortre Dame. That was the main thing I wanted to see, but it was too late to go in. Anyway here are some pics of the little part of the city I was in...

This is the Nortre Dame Cathedral--it was so pretty up close. I will have to go back sometime so I can actually go inside. For some reason I thought it would be bigger, but it was still amazing.
This building is where the Mayor or Gov. of Paris lives--thats what my friends says anyway. Other VIP people stay there too-I think.
This is the same building in the above picture. They have build an icerink in front and actually have an igloo there. I thought that was pretty amusing. It's just for Christmas and the New Year. Russia does that too--they build outside rinks just for the celebrations then take them down.
This is a church--not sure what it's called, but thought it was pretty.
This is the Republic of France.
The pic above is of a mopehead. These things are all over the place--It seemed like there were more of these than cars. It makes sense cause the streets are really narrow. Anyway this one I thought was cool cause it's so decked out--with a roof and everything.

Write more later--gotta get on the plane!

No comments: