CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

DOES IT COUNT!!!

So today I went to a Birthday dinner for a friend of mine and I was nominated to buy the cake--well they are actually called torts, but resemble our cakes even though not near as good. Anyway, so the one I got was called an Italian Tort. It was really pretty and actually looked good (Russians have a great way of making their torts look to good to eat, but then well lets just say that you really cant judge a book by its cover) so I bought it. Well as I took the first bite I noticed how moist it was and thought it was a little too moist and weird tasting--after another bite I just knew and looked at the ingredients and there it was in tiny tiny writing wine and cognac. So anyway, my question is Does it Count? Ha I just had to laugh. I mean I really should have known--it would be pretty tough to go to Italy and find a cake that didnt have something in it. Oh well what can you do...

So things here are going really well. I am having a great time and am sad and really excited at the same time to go home. Sad cause I have really made some good friends here, but Im really looking forward to seeing friends and family home too. I am so glad that I found skype cause everyone that Ive met from all over seem to be on it and its a really great way to stay in touch. I cant believe that I will be going home in two weeks--it just seems so unreal. Now I am doing the wonderful task of finding a place to live. I have actually found several places that are under 300 am month so am keeping my fingers crossed. I am gonna have to settle for just a room this semester and roommates cause I really want to save money and will only be there for 5 months anyway. I'm glad that Sadie is still around cause it was really sad when Miles and Becky left, but at least I have my sister. Other than that I havent really done anything new and exciting.

Becky and Sadie have already mentioned this, but my Aunt Lenny (Dads side) has just survived a horrible tradegy. She was almost killed by her fiance's son a couple of weeks ago. He actually killed his father and would have killed Lenny had their dog not come in at the last moment. I would like to repeat what everyone is saying and say that I am so grateful that Lenny is alive and is the strong person she is cause I cant imagine going through what she is going through. She will be in the hospital for quite sometime. Everyone that visits her says she is smiling and doing her best to stay strong. I too send my love and look forward to seeing her when I get home. Family is so important--things like this make family sqabbles so unimportant and unnececary (hemhem Mom and aunt Angie and Barbra) And I would have to say my father too. Anyway Lenny is in need of your prayers so please keep her in your hearts!

Well I am gonna sign out for now...until next time!

2 comments:

E-ca said...

oh the cakes... man, do I have a story for you (if I haven't already told you, hehe)! That is pretty funny though!

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Geez Tessa... first the bar, and now liqour soaked cakes! See the path you are on!! You will be coming home a vodka drinking alcoholic! Hah! By the way, we are not coming home for Christmas. Keith was plannng on getting married around Chritmas time, so we wer esaving our miles to go to his wedding, but we will see when that happens... Love ya- Amy