CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Hey Everybody!

So theres this event out at Peterhof that happens twice a year. It's a fireworks show so we thought we would go. It takes about 40 min on the Metro to get to the bus which takes about an hour to get out there. It was gorgeous. This is the place with all the fountains and that staircase with all the statues. Anyway we happened to get out there right after they turned off the fountains for the day. Oh well what can you do. So I was able to get some good pics and will go back sometime again and actually go inside--this trip was just to walk around the grounds, which are incredibly large.
So after walking around for about three hours it was time for the show to start. Anyway what we didn't realize is that it was only time to get out tickets and go into the park and wait for the actually show to start. SO that was fun--we waited for another two and a half hours--in the rain. We just hated to think if we left that it was be this really cool show and it was kinda fun to see the thousands of people gather where we are standing below. I couldn't get a pic of all the people cause it got too dark. Anyway, after waiting around being wet the show started and it was ok, but not great. So we left early, which turned out to be a great idea cause it would have taken much longer to wait for everyone to get a bus. It was a fun night and we had a lot of laughs. So this last one if you can't tell is Shelly, Liz, and I snuggling under the umbrella waiting for the show to start. Unfortunatly, Shelly's husband got kicked out and got to take the picture. It was pretty fun. Oh I guess I should introduce them. Liz (from Omaha) is my dormmate--not my roomate, but shares my dorm room. And Shelly and her hubby Brian are from Logan. They are a lot of fun to hang out with. I'm working on getting other friends pics I just don't think about it while we are all together.
So--what else? Oh yeah! we have hot water now. Acually it's been a great day cause we got our internet hooked up. So yeah we didn't have hot water for a little over a week and it was supposed to be for another week so we were glad it was turned on today. It's a lot of fun filling up all our teapots and pots with warm water only to pour them over ourselves. I was and am prepared for this to happen again--cause it happens a lot here.

So thats it for now! Let me know how your all doing. If you haven't looked Amy had her baby and he is so cute. Also Becky has been putting so really good pics up as well so take a look.
Later for now!

2 comments:

massey said...

Hey Tessa!! Great to hear from you today!!! My jaw is still dropped knowing you are in Russia right now! From reading a bit off your blog you've been a busy lady. It's good knowing your are enjoying yourself and seeing the world. I guess I also did not realize you were a Ute either?...Go Utes!! That's what is so great about these blogs- Keeps us all in touch. Well I'll check in from time to time. Take care of yourself. Your Sterling El' Friend, Annie Fanny

Miles and Bex said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy and having fun. I love all of your pictures! Looks like a lot of fun.