CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

I went to the OPERA!

Some friends and I went to the Opera last weekend. It was really pretty and the costumes were gorgeous. The story was a fairytale of sorts and it was fun to listen to it in Russian. Luckily there were subtitles!! Yeah, above the stage there was this video thing that showed the subtitles--it was nice because I was able to understand everything that was going on. Anyway here are some pics of the theater.



Other than going to concerts, plays, and opera's things have been going well. Ok I made that sound like all I am doing is going to those kinds of things, which I'm not--BUT I have gone to one of each and have a couple more coming up. We are hoping to go out into the country soon to see yet another palace and see the sights there. Thats been one of the best things I've done is see the different palaces and historical places around St. Peters--It's really been great!

English class is going well. I actually have three different groups one on Thurs. night and two on Friday. Two of the groups speak really well and have plenty of questions about American stuff and it's been fun comparing the different cultures. Class for me is going well--my Russian has been improving..at least I can say more now than I could when I first got here. It's a challenging language, but am enjoying learning it and hope to cont. to get better.

I miss everyone and can't wait to see you guys in Dec/Jan!!! Later

4 comments:

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Okay, I thought you hated opera!! I checked out a opera appreciation book on tape one time. I am not sure I appreciate it anymore now?? Any big plans for Thanksgiving? We are headed up to St. Louis. Mom and dad are flying down to visit my uncle and his family, so we figured we should join them. Anyway, we miss you and are glad you get to have this experience. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Motorcycle Mamma said...

Tessa your pictures are so fabulous! The graveyard did look kind of scary to me so I am glad that it was not really. Of course if it had been I am sure you would have just liked it all the more. (smile)
MOM

Miles and Bex said...

Those pictures look like ones you would find in the movie. That is awesome. We can't wait to see you in Utah

massey said...

Hi Tessa! Sounds like you are truly enjoying your time...I'm so happy for you! When are you planning a trip and where? I will be in Alaska this month and would love to see you if you are going home? So I'll keep in touch. Also wanted to let you know that I had a dream about you, your husband and 7 - yes count them 7 children!!! I was at your house and it was just a day in the life of Tessa and her family...I was playing with your kids in your kitchen and visiting with you. Your last child was a girl and just a cutie! Isn't that funny?!! Anyways, I've been meaning to tell you that....TTYL Annie :0