CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm 31 -- AHHHHH!!

So I wasn't planning on doing anything for my birthday cause to be honest I really wasn't too excited about turning 31. Anyway my roommate found out and so we all decided to do something. It turned out to be a really good day and it was fun too. First Julie (my roommate) made me breakfast then we just hung out at home for a while then some friends and I went out to walk around the Financial district and Battery Park where you can see Lady Liberty, Staten Island, and some pretty parts of the city.

Then we went to find the "Bull" (the first pic) you see it in Hitch and quite a few other movies and acted the tourist and took pic's of ourselves acting crazy. Then they bought me dinner at this cool restaurant called Big Daddy's and then caught a Stake FHE activity and mingled with the people there. Then we caught a late movie and after that we decided to catch the 1:30 ferry to Staten Island which was only a half hour one-way. Its a great chance to see the city all lit up as well as Lady Liberty. Anyway I couldn't get my camera to take good pics so you will just have to take my word for it as it was beautiful. Then we finally got home around 3:30 (just trying to stay as young as possible). Overall it was a really great day!

Here are some pics that I took today... this first one is pretty cool. It's an actual piece that fell off one of the twin towers.

I live with a girl who loves broadway and she has other broadway friends-- so this is me trying to be creative. It was so cold with the wind--I couldn't feel my face or fingers. It's a good thing I was from AK cause my friends from Cali thought they were dying. Well ok just Cyndi thought she was but it was really cold.
I would imagine that you know who this is. The sun was going down and it was really pretty outside.
This is right outside or part of Battery Park. On the left side you can see these concrete slabs those have names of soldiers on them.
This one is the same park and it was really cool cause you can see the shadow of the Statue of Liberty.
Ok well there you go!

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad you did something fun for your birthday!

Anna said...

Happy belated bday! We're almost bday sistahs. Mine is the 27th! Cool pics by the way.

Miles and Bex said...

In that first picture are you getting crapped out by a bull! Too funny! Glad you are back in AK