CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Guess it's time for an update!

I know it's been forever, but honestly I just haven't had anything too exciting to say or figured out so I guess that's my excuse for being such a slacker on this blog. Lately though I have been able to capture a few pics that I feel are worth sharing. Also I have some really great news...BECKY'S PREGNANT!!! It's official and we are all very excited. I can't believe I didn't catch on earlier cause she has been sick, but so has her kids and almost every other kid and/or person around here so I figured she was just catching some of that. Anyway I was really surprised to hear the good news not to mention pretty excited. Becky did catch a bad cold and that mixed with her pregnancy sickness and it just flamed up into a monster and she has been really sick. So for the last week I have been helping out watching the kids so she could rest and get better. It's been a lot of fun spending time with them and thankfully Becky has, I think, gotten over the worst of her cold--it really sucks getting sick. I am just waiting for it to hit me, but thankfully so far nothing has happened. I have been drinking airborne and I think that has been keeping it at bay. Anyway time will tell.

I house sat for some friends of mine while they vacationed in Hawaii and brought the kids over to play with their dog Bruno. The Hansen's are really good friends with the Swanson's so they were familiar with the house and the dog knew them. Anyway this first one is of them watching Spongebob Squarepants which is their most favorite show ever. In fact they want to watch it so much that they have been grounded for a month--mostly cause Mom & Dad are so sick of it--like I can blame them--the show can really drive you crazy after so much. Anyway this picture was pretty cute--Taegs and Brayden were sitting there and then Addi just climbed up in the middle of them. She did have her arms around both Taegan and Brayden but I missed it. I really need to have that camera closer cause I miss a lot of good shots. Anyway, they are just too cute!

Addi and I were waiting to get Taegan from school and Addi came up to the front to keep me company. She is getting so big and is really starting to talk. She can say quite a few words and aside from that just makes lots of sounds that will soon become words.
Ok--a little scary! Addi has figured out how to open the doors and tries to escape on a regular basis. Anyway when she finds a door thats not deadbolted then she goes and doesn't stop till she's discovered. This is one of those times we found her outside. The pic is pretty easy to tell whats going on--as you can see she took the first shoes she could find--didn't bother to put her pants back on cause she likes to strip whenever she gets a chance and mad a run for it. However, she did mangage to get another shirt--you know--to stay warm. I'm telling you what this kid is so funny!
Here's another time we were at the Swanson's and she came into the room like this I thought it was so cute and thankfully had my camera with me.

Anyway--there you go! I have been subbing for the schools around here and that has kept me somewhat busy. I am going to be a tour director this summer again for Holland America unless something else presents itself. I have also been looking into a company called Lynden Transport--it's a pretty big company here in AK and elsewhere. They do a lot of work over in Russia and I am thinking of getting a certificate in Logistics at UAA to help me get into the company. Anyway that is what is happening right now with me! Hope all is well with you!!!

6 comments:

Sadie said...

Its about time! Cute pictures of the kids!

Kathleen Jackson said...

hey friend. glad to see the update, and that things are going well for you. We will be in Ak from June 1-14, hopefully we can get together and catch up. stay warm and have fun.
kathleen

Miles and Bex said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are always here when I go down. I can not tell you how much I appreciated it. No one knows the kids and can take care the kids like you can. Plus, do laundry and clean the house. You are the best!!!!!

Ian and Beth Leach said...

hey girl
I didn't even know that you were back in AK. Did you have enough of the Big City, or are you going to go back after the summer? Sounds like maybe some UAA-ness. That would be cool, we'd get to see each other more. Are you going to be home for Easter? I may come down for that weekend, I'm not sure though. Hopefully, I'll see you soon.

Ian and Beth Leach said...

Hello again,
I just got a Blogger blog that you should check out because I doubt that I'm going to keep updating my web page.

teamleach907.blogspot.com

9 of Us said...

Glad to see Addi put Jaron's Hulk gloves to good use while we were gone. Thanks again for taking such good care of Bruno!