CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Life in the Big City!!

Well here's an update for all of you out there wondering how I am! Today I went to this free concert of "New Music" by Joel New who wrote all the songs and composed most of them. It was at the Lincoln Center so that was pretty neat. It was our FHE activity. The songs were very well written--they weren't necessarily song but a song cycle--a story made into a song. I wish I could have recorded a couple of them they were hilarious. Everytime I get off the subway I see something new--this time we walked up onto the street and there was the temple in all it's glory. I want to go again and get a closer look sometime. After that we jumped onto the subway again--and had a pretty funny experience and yet a little scary at the same time. There was a man a very tall--big man who was clearly homeless and stood up in the middle and just started punching the air. He was angry about something, but not saying anything just punching the air--turning around in circles. Luckily no one was too close. Anyway there was a moment when the train stopped and he stuck his head out and I was so tempted to just give him a little push, but I didn't since I didn't have the guts for one thing and another if the doors had stayed open then he could have gotten back on and well... It was funny, but a sad funny because who knows what his situation was and you wish you could do something for him. Anyway enough about that.

Things have been going well aside from the fact that I haven't found work yet. I have had two companies call for an interview in the last two days, which would have been great but apparently they are a ways out of the city and since I am without a car it would be impossible. It's quite frustrating because on their ad online it said they were close-by. When I asked them about that they said they are hiring from all over--anyway I am still optimistic. I am going in for a 2nd interview on Saturday and will hopefully knock their socks off so they hire me on the spot. This would be at a Lane Bryant store and they are looking for managers and so that could be a possibility. I am going to hit the streets again tomorrow and will see what happens. That's it on the job front.

This is just a picture I took the other day while I was walking around!
So I was looking at my pictures and found this video of Cailyn that I had forgotten about. It's sooo cute--she was trying to stick out her tongue and trying to mimik Sadie. I am just so blest to have these little children in my life--Thank you Becky, Miles, Sadie, and Corey!!!

1 comment:

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Goool dluck on the job hunt! I cannot imagine that in a city that hige you won't be ableto find a job! Who wouldn't hire you??