CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 16, 2009

First day in New York City!!

Alright guys--first of all I would just like to say that I already love living here. I'm not just saying this either--even though coming here by the end, as broke as I am, was to just spite everyone who says it's not gonna work out. But I have a really great roommate who has a friend also from the ward and we spent the whole day wandering around--it was great. We did a little shopping at this little grocery store a half a block down from my building. Then we met up with Megan--my roommates friend and went to the MET. After being there for about 2 hours we grabbed some lunch and went to a free screening for an upcoming movie. This was held in the Paramount Studios--also where MTV is shot among other things. After that we just walked around and got some dinner at a great Irish pub/restaurant then went home. However during our wandering and for your comic relief I was looking at something instead of the road and I stepped into a little pothole and lets just say the fat girl biffed it big time. I mean I feel like I just hit it and went straight down. I twisted my ankle just a little and hurt my other leg somehow. I didn't feel it as much at the time, but now I am really feeling it. I still can't believe I did that--ok who am I kidding I can believe it. But despite my clumsiness I still had a great time. Times Square was so amazing all lit up and everything. The best thing is that I wasn't mugged--sorry Todd I know you were counting on that. Now I just have to see some famous people!!! Ok well I do have some pictures for you from Julies and Megans cameras since I pulled a Tessa and didn't take my camera, but will get them on here as soon as I can. Ok thats enough for me! Cross your fingers that I find a job ok!!!