CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I Jumped into the ARCTIC OCEAN!!!

Yep thats right I jumped in...well actually it was more like sat down cause it was so shallow and I was freezing(but got wet from head to toe). I was able to get a few of my guests to go in with me and we all had a great time. It really wasn't too bad--not as cold as I thought it would be. I guess it helps that the sun was shining and it was warm (for Prudoe Bay anyway).

So I am starting my first of three tours that I have left this summer. I can't believe how fast time is going by--I am so excited to go to Russia. Not much else is going on I am just waiting for the train to come. Hope everyone is doing well and I will write later. Hope your enjoying your summer!

The water was so cold, but really it was a blast to jump in with my people. The water was so shallow that I could have gone much further and it wouldn't have mad a difference.



This is the haul road behind me. It took us two 8 hour days to drive. The entire road looks like this. The pipeline right alongside it. It was a good tour though we had fun.

3 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

You are CRAZY! I can not believe that you jumped in. And even sat down too. That is insane. I bet you were cold. Fun memory.

Tyler 2nd RS said...

I'm a little jealous, how many people can say they have jumped in the Arctic ocean.. other than the crazy natives up North. You know there is some type of illness I learned about in my cultural anthropology class called Arctic hysteria or Arctic madness, where the people up north lose their minds and take off all their clothes and jump in the freezing water or go wandering off across the water. You had all yur clothes on, so I figured that was not what happened. Anway, looks like fun. Enjoy your last couple weeks!! You are almost done.......

Mary Grace said...

Tessa- this is Mary Hall- you were incredibly nice to me once- i called you and you bought me a ticket to see Martin Sexton, which by the way was an amazing concert. I know, i still havent sent you any money, but dont worry, i have not forgotten that kind little act!! GO see my mom and ada in sterling- they are rod and colleen hall. they will give you the cash :) good luck up there in the arctic ocean...thats pretty SAWEET! (if you need to look me up, you can check me out on my blog!)